News

Crop conditions mixed in Arkansas

The USDA says crop conditions are mixed in Arkansas.

92% of corn is planted, just ahead of the five-year average, while emergence is at 79%, a little bit behind, with 65% of the crop in good to excellent shape.

48% of soybeans are planted and 34% have emerged, both faster than average.

19% of cotton is planted and 6% has emerged, quite a bit behind the respective usual paces.

77% of rice is planted, matching the average, and 54% has emerged, compared to 59% normally, with 71% of the crop called good to excellent.

76% of winter wheat has headed, compared to 90% usually this time of year, and 7% is coloring, well behind the five-year average of 19%, with 61% of the crop in good to excellent shape. 12% of the first cutting of hay is complete, faster than last year, with 35% of alfalfa called good and the remaining 65% in fair shape.

The week’s rainfall was light to moderate, with north central areas receiving the most, just over 1.8 inches.

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published.


 

Stay Up to Date

Subscribe for our newsletter today and receive relevant news straight to your inbox!