Wisconsin urging farmers to report storm losses

Wisconsin’s Ag Secretary wants farmers impacted by snowstorm damage to report their losses.  Sheila Harsdorf says property damage and livestock losses should be reported to county FSA offices.

Harsdorf says, “It is critical that farmers document and report land damage to their local FSA office because they may be eligible for disaster assistance programs.”  She says farmers should also be in contact with their insurers.

FSA assistance might be available for livestock, grazing land, and fence losses. Harsdorf says there are also safety net programs like the Livestock Indemnity Program and the Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm-Raised Fish program.

The FSA uses loss reports to determine whether to seek a disaster designation from the USDA Secretary, and Harsdorf says a disaster designation makes farmers in the county eligible for low-interest loans if they cannot access private financing.

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published.


Stay Up to Date

Subscribe for our newsletter today and receive relevant news straight to your inbox!